- Turn yourself into a baker: Baking is fun, right? Even if it is not for you, you have to turn into a baker during winters. Bake all the things that you can and leave the oven door open when you are done with the process of baking. This lets you enjoy a cozy kitchen.
- Make sure the curtains that you use are thick: You have to find thick curtains for your house or else the cold winter winds will keep haunting you.
- Keep the windows closed when there’s no sunlight: Let the windows be closed during evenings or when there’s no sunlight outside. Let the warmth be sealed within the walls of your house.
- Let the fireplace provide you with all the warmth that you and your house deserves: If you have a fireplace at home, don’t keep it only for Santa! Use it to warm your house and get a cozier environment at home.
- Let the sunlight reach every corner of your room during daytime: Check the climate outside your house – is the sun shining? If it is, you can open the curtains and windows and let the sunlight enter into your house.
- Keep the door open when you take a shower: Why should you keep the door open while taking a shower? Because the steam deserves to warm up your living room for you. Hot water shower releases steam and that’s what keeps your room warmer.
- Cover the floor with mats and carpets: If the floor doesn’t have warm carpets and mats, it is not possible for you to feel the warmth that you want. Keep the floor occupied with carpets and mats.
- Place hot water bottles at the foot of your bed: Hot water bottles can keep your bed warm for a longer duration.
- Use a draft stopper to stop the air from the bottom of the door: Draftstopper ensures to stop the air from entering into your house from the main door.
- If you have unused rooms, keep them tightly closed: If you keep all the doors closed, it is possible for you to keep the warmth locked in the room you sit.
10 Things to do to Warm your House for Winters
December 22, 2019